Lake Garda and Tuscany
Lake Garda with its beautiful surroundings has inspired authors and artists alike. It has both charming villas and modern towns with all manner of facilities...
To the north and west the mountains rise vertically from the lake, and there is an impressive drive from Gardone Riviera up to Riva del Garda on winding roads and through tunnels. The pleasant climate, fantastic countryside, the many historical places of interest and the friendly people make Garda a renowned vacation destination. Poets and politicians, divas and dictators, have all been drawn to captivating Lake Garda (Lago di Garda).
Tuscany is a rare and precious place and represents what may be the absolute zenith in the history of civilization and culture. The region has Etruscan roots in places such as Cortona and Volterra. Then there is the glory of Tuscany’s city-states: Romanesque Pisa, Gothic Siena, Renaissance Florence. The region is also blessed with a generous number of artistic masterpieces that are known throughout the world. Florence is called the “Art Capital”; according to statistics produced by UNESCO, 60% of the world’s most important works of art are located in Italy and approximately half of these are in Florence. The most famous museum in Florence is the Uffizi which houses works by Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Titian and Rubens. Other great art museums include the Pitti Palace, Galleria dell’Accademia and Palazzo Vecchio.
- DAY 1 / DEPARTURE FROM US
- Departure from Boston.
- DAY 2 / VERONA
- Arrival at Verona Airport. Transfer, by private motor coach, to the Hotel Drago (Lake Garda).
- DAY 3 / VENICE
- Full day excursion to Venice. Imagine a city built of marble palaces on a lagoon, this is only the beginning of the wonder that is Venice. Half day walking guided tour of this enthralling city of canals. Rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Return to the hotel.
- DAY 4 / LAKE GARDA
- Lake Garda, famous for its tranquility and breathtaking scenery, is the largest of all the Italian lakes. We discover its splendors with a coach tour around the main resort towns: Riva, with its dramatic mountainous landscape cloaked in pine trees;Salò, famous for its beautiful painted houses; the Roman town of Sirmione, the quaint harbour of Peschiera, and the stunning town of Malcesine, with its narrow series of winding cobbled streets.
- DAY 5 / INNSBRUCK
- Full day excursion to Innsbruck, Austria. Tyrol’s capital is a sight to behold. The jagged rock spires of the Nordkette range are so close that within minutes it’s possible to travel from the city's enter to over 2000meters above sea level to tranquil Alpine pastures, abundant with wildflowers and wildlife. Innsbruck's late-medieval Altstadt is picture perfect, presided over by a grand Habsburg palace and baroque cathedral, while its Olympic ski jump with big mountain views make a spectacular leap between the urban and the outdoors. You will spend a wonderful day in this picturesque setting. Late afternoon return to the hotel.
- DAY 6 / FLORENCE
- Departure to Florence. Upon arrival, check in at the Hote Cellai. Rest of the day at leisure.
- DAY 7 / VISIT FLORENCE
- In the morning, half day guided visit of Florence. Afternoon free time.
Return to hotel.
- DAY 8 / CINQUE TERRE
- Full day excursion to the Cinque Terre.
Transfer to La Spezia where we meet our local guide, orientation tour of La Spezia. Continue by motorcoach and enjoy the breathtaking views of the coast with the terraced vineyards.
Stop above Riomaggiore to take pictures and continue to Manarola. After the visit we board the train and proceed to Vernazza where we stop for a visit.
We board the train again and we reach Monterosso al Mare.
In the afternoon we return by train to La Spezia where we board our motor coach back to Lucca.
- DAY 9 / LUCCA
- Excursion to Lucca. The only medieval town in Italy still surrounded by its original 14th century walls, a town filled with ancient Roman ruins, as well as great furniture and jewelry antique shops. Guided walking tour including admission to Palazzo Manzi.
After the visit continue to Montecarlo in the beautiful Tuscan countryside to the “Fattoria Il Poggio” - visit website for a wine tasting and lunch a real “Paesana Feast”.
In the afternoon, transfer to Pisa to admire the “Wonder Square and the Leaning Tower”.
Return to hotel
- DAY 10 / DEPARTURE TO US
- Transfer, by private motor coach, to Florence airport; flight back to Boston.
Dates and Price details
|Departure Dates||Price details|
|Available year around||From $2,679.00 per person – Land only|
- 8 nights hotel accommodation
- 8 Buffet Breakfast
- Entrance fees
- Excursion to: Venice, Riva del Garda, Sirmione, Peschiera, Insbruck, Cinque terre, Lucca, Pisa
- Local guides
- Motor coach for transfers and excursions as per program
- City Taxes
- Air valid for departures from Boston. All major gateways are available. Round trip air transportation includes air taxes and fuel surcharge (subject to change).
Map – Lake Garda and Tuscany
Terms and Conditions
You can refer to our general Terms&Conditions